Short Cut Lasagna
1 box of oven ready pasta.
2 small jars of red pasta sauce of your choice.
1 large package mozzarella cheese. (or more if you like extra cheese)
1 pound of browned, drained, lean ground beef.
2 small boxes of fresh sliced mushrooms. (whatever kind you like)
2 sliced and diced onions
1 cup of water
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Brown lean ground beef in a large skillet. Drain. Wipe skillet of any grease/fat. Return to skillet and add pasta sauce. Heat to bubbly.
- Oil or spray large lasagna pan/dish.
- Place small amount of meat sauce in the bottom of your large lasagna pan.
- Lay oven ready pasta on top of sauce.
- Sprinkle a handfull or two of mushrooms on top of pasta.
- Sprinkle a handfull or two of sliced and diced onions on top of mushrooms
- Sprinkle a couple of handfulls of mozzarella on top of mushrooms.
- Spoon sauce on top of mushrooms.
- Keep repeating layers, finishing with mozzarella cheese on top.
- Sprinkle 1/c cup parmesan cheese on top of all.
- Add about 1/2 to 1 cup of water to the top of the dish.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes. Your oven may take longer than mine. Test pasta for doneness.
Remove from oven. Let cool and settle a bit. Add some crusty bread with garlic butter. Enjoy.
Note: Add as many veggies to the layering as you wish...to make this a custom dish. We like onions and mushrooms. But consider adding...fresh garlic, sliced sweet red peppers, etc.
I could have used more ground beef. I could have used ricotta. But I was thinking lower calories, easy, quick, and yummy.
I did not add salt...as the sauce already has enough, and we try to watch salt at our age.
Feel free to email me if you have a question or suggestion.
Thanks for visiting.