It is easy and loaded with calories. Are you convinced yet that this might be good?
I cannot think of how this cherry cobbler recipe might be lightened up and still be as gooey and yummy as it is. I don't think there is a way! Ha!
Some people call this little ditty Cherry Dump Cake. I guess because you just dump everything together in a dish.
|Spray a pyrex dish and then add two or three cans of cherry pie filling, |
depending how much you want.
|Buy one box of any kind of white or yellow cake mix. Use half this time.|
|Pour half of the cake mix on top of the pie filling.|
|Slice one and a half sticks of real butter into pats.|
|Lay pats of butter on top of cake mix.|
|Place in 400 F oven for 30-40 minutes.|
Stir the concoction once or twice during baking.
|Yum. Eat and Enjoy! Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream if you wish.|
Disclaimer: There is nothing healthy about this recipe other than the cherries (fruit) and butter (dairy.) :-) Proceed at your own risk!
3 cans of Cherry pie filling. (I buy Kroger brand with extra cherries.)
1 regular size box of white or yellow cake mix. (Pudding in mix is ok if that is what you have on hand.)
1 & 1/2 sticks of real butter cut into thin pats.
Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
Spray a 9 x 13 pyrex type dish with nonstick oil.
1. Place three cans of Cherry pie filling with extra cherries into your greased dish.
2. Sprinkle half of a box of white or yellow cake mix over the top of the pie filling.
3. Place 1 1/2 sticks (thin pats) of butter all over the top of thecake mix.
4. Bake 30-40 minutes in 400F oven until top is golden and puffy. Different ovens and altitudes bake differently, so watch. You will have to stir the cake batter and cherries half way through baking. I just swirl the cake mix and pie filling with a fork. Just keep an eye on things the first time or two that you make this yummy baked cherry dish.
5. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on warm
cherry cobbler, or not. :-) Counting calories at this point is a waste if you are watching your "waist." ha!
1.Put chopped pecans on top of the cake mix before baking.
2. Some people add a can of crushed pineapple in its own juice on top of the cherry pie filling. Then stir. Next add cake mix as usual. You would end up with a cherry / pineapple dump cake. I just stick with the cherry version. It reminds me of homemade cherry pie.
Natasha In Oz, Sundays Down Under, Sunday