|Set up a pretty beverage table.|
If you do not own enough silver julep cups to provide to your guests...ask everyone to bring their own. Hats (for ladies & gents) and julep cups add a special touch to any Derby party!
From kentuckyderby.com here is a suggested pre-party checklist.
- Determine the venue and event time
- Contact friends or relatives with a "Save the Date" email or call
- Determine attire and/or other requirements of guests (Dressy or Casual)
- Purchase official Derby party supplies and favors
- Create and fund a TwinSpires.com account so everyone can wager on the day's races.
- Order raceday programs to be delivered to your home.
- Determine menu and print recipes
- Obtain liquors and other libations
- Determine if silver, china and other place settings are in order. We suggest taking a look at the Arthur Court Collection of Kentucky Derby licensed product.
- Finalize guest list
- Go shopping for appropriate attire/Derby hat!
- Print out lyrics to "My Old Kentucky Home"
- Enjoy live coverage of the Grade I Kentucky Oaks 140 at Churchill Downs from 5-6 p.m. EDT on NBC Sports to get in the Kentucky Derby mood!
- Arrange your table top in the morning (so you have plenty of time to get ready!)
- Purchase extra ice
- Print racing forms for guests
- Tune into NBC for coverage of the undercard races, Red Carpet, & Kentucky Derby 141
|available on amazon...see my sidebar for my affiliate link to amazon.com|
I have probably overloaded you with info...but there is so much to share about our Kentucky Derby and all of the activities associated with it!
Dwellings, the heart of the home/Make it pretty Monday