Hmmm. Is it that simple?
This is a post from Jan. 2015, but I think that the message a good one for Jan. 2016.
Re-imagine your house, your room, or your closet!
It's about rethinking a space and coming up with an idea to refresh the look.
It is January and many of us are facing the darker days of winter. But what could we do to make our homes, and us, feel better during those dark, cold days.
Well, thinking up something to refresh a space in your home may be the answer. It could be a small project...like adding some new pillows, or creating a new floral centerpiece. Or it could be a larger project like painting a room, and getting all new accessories. ha!
If money were no object we could all re-imagine our houses whenever we desired. But with people saving for their child's college or their own retirement one must be a little more conservative!
I think the challenge for most would be to see about making small changes that could have a big impact. Changing walls (paint/paper,) pillows, bedspreads, or accessories could be just the thing to make your space new and fresh. Or, maybe you have an overall change to your whole house...that you want to accomplish over a longer time span.
Since we did a whole house customization before moving into our new house...I really do not have any large redecorating plans. But, I like to tweak things from time to time. I guess I just cannot leave well enough alone. Here is a peek at my most recent tweak.
The big issue when ordering this was whether or not this animal print could co-exist with my uber traditional master bedroom. I decided to give it a try. You see, I have the cherry rice carved four poster, the Williamsburg matlessé bedspread, the toile drapes, and the Chippendale sofa. Yep, I am "traditional."
I opened the newly delivered box, put the comforter at the foot of the bed, and decided it looked pretty cool! Ha! Who knew?! Just adding that animal print comforter made the room look updated! I think that I just re-imagined the master bedroom. I love it!
Campfire Potatoes in the Oven
A Return to Traditional Design
Carpe diem, Baby
2014, It's A Wrap!
Bisquick Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies...
This post is being shared with the following blogs…
- Refresh Restyle http://refreshrestyle.com/inspiration-monday-726-edition/
- Between Naps on the Porch http://betweennapsontheporch.net/preparing-for-the-installation-of-underground-downspout-extensions/
- Dwellings, the Heart of Your Home http://www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com/2015/01/amaze-me-monday-93.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed
- A Stroll Thru Life, Inspire me Tuesdayhttp://www.astrollthrulife.net/2015/01/251st-inspire-me-tuesday.html
- Stone Gable Blog, the Scoop http://www.stonegableblog.com/the-scoop-153/
- Stephanie Lynn, Sunday Showcase Party http://www.bloglovin.com/viewer?post=4064347039&group=0&frame_type=a&context=&context_ids=&blog=1838961&frame=1&click=0&user=0
- Savvy Southern Style, Wow us Wednesday
- The Dedicated House, Make it Pretty Monday http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/01/make-it-pretty-monday-week-124.html
- Rattlebridge Farm Blog, Foodie Friday & Everything Else http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/2015/02/foodie-friday-and-everything-else.html