Quick Italian Cream Cake
- Yield: 1 (3-layer) cake
- 1 (18.5-ounce) package white cake mix with pudding
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) can flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoons rum (optional)
- Cream Cheese Frosting
Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
Chill 2 hours before slicing.
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer
- until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla and pecans.